It looks like a typical day down Highland Park Drive. Buses are running their routes, and mailmen are making deliveries. But late last night, condo number 266 was broken into. And the neighbors are concerned.

Neighbor Scott Grant says he has multiple forms of protection around him in case of an emergency like this.

“I’ve got, like, stuff spread around the house that I would use to protect myself. I’ve got a hand gun I’ve got a rifle, I’ve got a couple bowie knives.”

It was around two in the morning when the door was busted in, allowing three armed men entry into the house. All three men were armed with weapons ranging from guns to “blunt objects”

The men detained Cynthia Jewell in the bathroom while Tyfil Huff was tied up, beaten, and burned with an iron on his back and hands. The men demanded money but only left with Jewells cell phone. Huff was conscious when he was transported to a local hospital.

Taylor Perkins

Tags:

• Show Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

• name *

• email *

• website *

You May Also Like

Bogart City Council Election Candidates

By Jordynn Abernathy   The time is here! Elections for Bogart City Council are ...

Congressman Hice Holds Tele-Town Hall

Congressman Jody Hice is holding a teleconference town hall meeting in under an hour ...

Reading, Writing, and Metallica: Grady Newsource Profiles Dallas Cowne

By Kristin Miller The Madison County High School Teacher of the Year uses Metallica ...

Add Comment
Cancel
Viewing Highlight
Highlight
Close
X