It looks like a typical day down Highland Park Drive. Buses are running their routes, and mailmen are making deliveries. But late last night, condo number 266 was broken into. And the neighbors are concerned.

Neighbor Scott Grant says he has multiple forms of protection around him in case of an emergency like this.

“I’ve got, like, stuff spread around the house that I would use to protect myself. I’ve got a hand gun I’ve got a rifle, I’ve got a couple bowie knives.”

It was around two in the morning when the door was busted in, allowing three armed men entry into the house. All three men were armed with weapons ranging from guns to “blunt objects”

The men detained Cynthia Jewell in the bathroom while Tyfil Huff was tied up, beaten, and burned with an iron on his back and hands. The men demanded money but only left with Jewells cell phone. Huff was conscious when he was transported to a local hospital.

Taylor Perkins

Tags:

• Show Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

• name *

• email *

• website *

You May Also Like

Government Repeals Net Neutrality

Net Neutrality was repealed today… We spoke with University of Georgia New Media professor, ...

Deer Collisions

ATHENS, Ga- Imagine a 180 pound animal hitting your car. 1 out of every ...

Oconee County Library Costume Swap

Watkinsville, GA – The Oconee County Library is hosting a costume swap to help make Halloween ...

Add Comment
Cancel
Viewing Highlight
Highlight
Close
X