UNG Student Stabs Boyfriend in the Head

Lauren JonesAn Athens woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend in the head is out on a $1,500 bond today.

Yesterday a 21 year old University of North Georgia student was arrested for aggravated assault. According to the police report, Trevor Ausburn called to report that his girlfriend Lauren Jones stabbed him in the head with a knife. The police report says they got into a dispute over who each other had slept with in the past. When Ausburn didn’t leave Jones’ apartment, police say Jones stabbed him in the head with a knife.

The police found Jones in her apartment, saying she seemed heavily intoxicated. Lauren stated that her boyfriend usually stayed at her apartment up to six times a week.
Jones’ roommate spoke with us about the incident. She was at the apartment asleep in her bed when she heard Ausburn and Jones arguing.

“I think it’s terrifying. The whole situation in general makes me uncomfortable with my living situation. I’m just really hoping that she’s okay and that her boyfriend is okay because I don’t really know how to react right now.”

Tags:

You May Also Like

Winder Police Think Pink in October

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the Winder Police Department is thinking pink. ...

Weather for Tuesday November 18, 2014

Just a week ago, high temperatures snuck into the 70's. Today, Northeast Georgia temperatures ...

Federal Furlough Forgiveness Debt

By: Ashley ShahAhmadi Federal furloughs are in the hands of the Congress. The government ...

Add Comment
Cancel
Viewing Highlight
Highlight
Close
X