- Jail Expansion UPDATE – Madison County officials celebrated the jail expansion with a ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning. After 2.36 million dollars and years of construction, the jail expansion is complete and inmates are set to move in. The expansion increased the facility’s bed count from sixty four to ninety six.
- Shooter Still at Large – A shooter is at large after shooting an Athens Clarke County man in the leg. Demarquez Moody was visiting a friend on Hanover Place in Athens-Clarke County when he heard a gunshot and realized he had been hit. Moody was transported to Athens Regional Medical Center. ACC Police are still investigating what happened and who the shooter may be.
- Trauma Kits – Oconee County Sheriff is partnering with Athens Regional to put trauma kits in every patrol car. The decision was based on recent terrorists attacks in Paris and Brussels. Seven hundred kits were ordered on April 1st. Sheriff Scott Berry hopes to also put 25 kits in every school in the county. The remaining kits will be available for the public.
- Positivity Week – This week is positivity week at Apalachee High school. The Yearbook staff created a pledge for the student body to sign with the hope of reminding students to stay positive. This pledge was created after three students committed suicide in one year.
- Study Abroad – The University of Georgia is taking steps to ease any concerns about study abroad programs in the wake of recent terror attacks in Europe. The Office of International Education set up a press conference to ensure students’ health and safety abroad. Study abroad advisors hosted the conference to answer students’ questions about policies/procedures and other question they had.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201