Grady Newsource’s Top Five News Stories cover Northeast Georgia. We will continue with updates throughout the day as our reporters cover the latest news.
1. The search continues for Justin Gaines’ body in Walton County. Gaines, a Gwinnett teen, went missing seven years ago at Wild Bill’s in Duluth.
2. A Barrow County man is on trial today for the murder of his wife. He was originally charged in July 2011 and granted a retrial by the Georgia Supreme Court.
3. The Northeast Georgia Homeless and Poverty Coalition is hosting an open meeting downtown today at First Baptist Church. They will discuss downtown panhandling, the Salvation Army’s new employment program and assistance with Social Security income.
4. The Athens-Clarke County police department is hosting a “Fair and Impartial Policing” session tomorrow night from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. The session is free and open to the public.
5. An Oglethorpe County teacher is using the website DonorsChoose to raise money for school supplies and combat the cost of running a classroom.