Hispanic Heritage Month is still on the move, and here are two events you don’t want to miss:
1. 5th Latin Fest on Saturday, Oct. 10, from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m hosted by the Pinewoods Library. There will be:
- Live music
- Traditional dance performances provided by Danza Tonalli, Danza Azteca, and Athens Salsa.
- Educational and artistic activities for the children.
- An informational session for parents in regards to immigration and services from the personnel of the Consulate of Mexico.
Donations will be accepted. All proceeds will go to the families of those affected by immigration services.
Location: Pinewoods Library | 1465 Hwy 29N, Athens, GA, 30601.
2. Noche Latina on Saturday, Oct. 10 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m hosted by The Hispanic Student Association at the University of Georgia. There will be:
- Traditional performances and foods that showcase the diverse, latin american culture will be provided.
- Tickets are $10 for non-students, $7 for students, and $3 for children 12 yrs. old and under. They can be purchased at the Tate Center, at door, or through the UGA Performing Center website: https://ev11.evenue.net
Location: Tate Grand Hall at the University of Georgia | 45 Baxter Street, Athens, GA, 30602.
On Thursday, Oct. 15, the Athens-Clarke County Library will be screening the sixth episode of the series, Latino Americans. Afterwards, there will be a discussion led by Dr. Edward Delgado-Romero, Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Georgia about:
- Immigration within the Latino community
- Rapid growth of the Latino population in the southeastern part of the United States
- Some of the greatest challenges facing the Latino community, including access to education and policy-making.
Location: Athens-Clarke County Library | 2025 Baxter St, Athens, GA.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201