Here’s a timeline of the alleged rape at Cedar Shoals High School, according to a presentation provided by the Clarke-County school board:
- The Board of Education was emailed by the director of public relations about the alleged sexual assault. A voicemail from school administration regarding an unspecified student incident left for executive assistant to the executive director of student support services.
- School security unsuccessfully attempted to retrieve video of the alleged incident; believed that it was not recorded.
Jan. 30, Feb. 1
- Three students were arrested.
- School administration notifies executive assistant for executive director of student support services of arrest and sexual assault charges.
Feb. 4, 5
- The arrests were reported in the Athens Banner-Herald (and Grady Newsource). The next day, parents received an email from the school about the arrests.
Feb. 8, 9
- An internal investigation begins the interviewing process.
- Student provided with messaging and support, developed by school and district social workers.
- The next day, the superintendent provided a statement to the Cedar Shoals community with information about “events and safety.”
Feb. 11, 12
- The school district released an official statement at its regular Board of Education meeting.
- The Clarke County School Board announces plans to install an interim principal in place of Tony Price.
- The school announced Dr. Monica Grant as interim principal.