1. Athens, GA – Be advised! Currently, the temperature in Athens is 27 degrees according to the National Weather Service. Winds are swirling at around ten miles per hour, and could get near 15 mph around 3:00pm. The cool trend will continue, as North and Central Georgia will experience a hard freeze tonight. Temperatures will settle in the low 20’s tonight. The wind chill factor will make it feel even colder. So bundle up and stay warm!
2. Athens, GA – How will the chilly weather affect your commute today? Reporter Briana Belser talks to people who are having trouble starting their vehicles and some of the service centers around town to find out if they have been getting more visitors than usual.
3. Madison County, GA – Prescription drug abuse is a significant issue in the nation and the state of Georgia. Why do people abuse drugs? Reporter Ashley Jetton talks to a drug abuser to get their story. She also sits down with University of Georgia professor Randall Tackett, Ph.D., who teaches and specializes in drug abuse.
4. Athens, GA – 2014 has been a successful year academically for The University of Georgia. The university has set record highs in graduation rates ranging from four to six years.
5. NE Georgia – Some Northeast Georgia high schools are already on to the next round of the playoffs.
Round 2 Matchups
North Oconee (8-3) @ Cairo (9-2)
Oconee County (8-3) vs. Pierce County (9-2) (neutral field)
Dodge County (9-2) @ Jefferson (11-0)
Athens Christian and Prince Avenue Christian both kickoff their first rounds of playoffs Friday.
Round 1 Matchups
Athens Christian (7-3) @ Eagles Landing Christian (4-6)
First Presbyterian Day (7-3) @ Prince Avenue Christian (8-2)
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201
Show Comments (0)