ATHENS — Athens-Clarke County is in 6th place for the running in the “My Water Pledge.” Athens was in 5th on Monday. This pledge will last all month long in honor of Earth Month.
The “My Water Pledge” is a fun competition between cities across the US to see who can be the most “water-wise.”
Mayors nationwide challenge their residents to conserve water, energy and other natural resources on behalf of their city through a series of informative, ways to use pledges online. Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the challenge in their population category, win.
If you want to take the pledge, go to www.mywaterpledge.com, take the pledge on behalf of your city, see how much you’ve pledged to save and if your city wins and you choose to enter the prize drawing, you are eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: Toyota Prius v
- $1000 Shopping Spree at a Home Improvement Store
- 50 Smart Irrigation Controllers from the Toro Company
- 250 Home Improvement Store Gift Cards ($25)
- 40 Fixed Mount EcoFlow® Shower Heads from Waterpik
- 40 Hand Held EcoFlow® Shower Heads from Waterpik