By Nicole Castrellon
- Football head coach Mark Richt steps down. Here is a recap of the press conference from Monday morning where Richt talks feeling “blessed” and what he looks forward to in the future.
- Georgia Men’s Basketball lost to Seton Hall (5-0) Saturday in their first road game of the season. Forward Yante Maten lead the team with a career-high 21 points in the game. The team falls to 2-2 on the season and will face Oakland Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at home.
- Women’s volleyball finished their season in Knoxville on Friday, completing 17 losses in a row. The team had not won a game since September 19th against VCU. The Bulldogs finish the season 5-25 and were 0-18 in the conference.
- Women’s basketball won the Radisson Chatsworth Thanksgiving Classic in California over the weekend, beating California State Northridge in the final game. The team has won four straight games and will host Mercer on Wednesday in Stegeman Coliseum.
- Prince Avenue Christian defeated Savannah Christian Friday night in the state quarterfinals. The team is now headed to the state semi-finals Friday December 4th against Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy. Prince Avenue was undefeated in the regular season and is playing the game at home. Eagle’s Landing was 9-3 in the regular season.
- Cedar Shoals High School men’s basketball has started their season off with four straight wins. They beat Tri-Cities on November 28 62-56. The Jaguars face Apalachee High School Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at home.