By: Mary Grace Shaw
Thanksgiving is one week away on Nov. 26. There are several Northeast Georgia food banks that are looking for donations to give to those less fortunate. Below is a map with locations of food banks that are accepting donations.
Below is more information on the locations from the map above that are accepting donations. If you are interested in receiving donated food, you can contact these locations to find out where they distribute their food to.
Food Bank Athens Area Emergency:
- What: This location mainly needs turkey and ham, but they will accept any donations.
- When: They accept donations Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.. The week of Thanksgiving they will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Where: 640 Barber Street Athens, GA
- (706) 353-8182
- What: This location takes nonperishable foods: Canned goods, packaged items, fresh produce, frozen foods, but no home prepared foods.
- When: This location is open Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.. There are several food drives hosted across Northeast Georgia. Call 706-354-8191 to learn more about when and where drives are taking place.
- Where: 861 Newton Bridge Road Athens, GA 30604
- (706) 354-8191
Action Ministries and Athens:
- What: This location takes any food donations.
- When: Donations are welcome at the First Baptist Church from 8 a.m. until2 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Where: 355 Pulaski Street Athens, GA
- (706) 353-6647
Inter-Community Council Inc.
- What: This location is in need of turkey, and food items and cleaning supplies.
- When: Donations can be dropped of Monday thru Thursday from 8 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.. The week of Thanksgiving this location will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- Where: 156 Parkview Homes Athens, GA
- (706) 208-1774
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201