Here’s what’s happening around Northeast Georgia.
- Brussels Attack Clara Berghaus, an Athens resident and University of Georgia graduate who was on a plane toward Brussels, received news of the attacks and diverted to Amsterdam. Reporter Valentina Urrego is speaking with her this morning.
- Courts Superior Court judge Lawton Stephens is hearing the arraignments of Jeffrey Delk, Amy Louise Gravitt and group of seven accused of trafficking narcotics. Reporter SK Bowen is listening to their pleas this morning.
- Legislation Two bills are being debated within the Georgia legislature: House Bill 6 relating to dual enrollment and House Bill 792 relating to taser use. Reporter Morgan Ainslie is researching what they mean for you.
- Sports The NCAA Swimming and Diving Championship begins today. Reporter Corey Knapp will detail how the UGA team could win.
- Weather Expect sunny skies today. Reporter Jared Sweat will forecast what you can expect the rest of the week.