Here is a rundown of ballot items in Northeast Georgia where elections for local officials and county issues takes place today, Nov. 5, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Two city council posts for Districts 1 and 3 in Braselton
- Mayor and three city council members in Statham
- Ward council members for wards 2 and 4, council member at large and Mayor in Winder
- Mayor and two city council members in Winterville
- Special election Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax* in Winterville and Athens
- Three city council members in Arcade
- District 1 and District 3 council members in Braselton
- Mayor, council ward for Districts 3, 4 and 5 and Board of Education members in Districts 3, 4 and 5 in Commerce
- Two city council members in Hoschton
- Council and school board members in Districts 1, 3 and 5 in Jefferson
- Mayor and councilperson wards in Districts 2 and 4 in Maysville
- Two council members and mayor in Nicholson
- Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax*
- Sunday Package Sales Referendum (permit and regulate package sales by retailers of malt beverages and wine on Sundays between 12:30-11:30 p.m.)
- Watkinsville mayor and city council posts 1 and 2 in Watkinsville
- Special elections Sunday Brunch Alcohol Sales (permit alcohol sales between 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sundays
*1 percent sales and use tax to raise funds for county projects – vote Yes or No
Where Should I Go?
Polling locations and times for Athens-Clarke County, Barrow County, Jackson County, Madison County and Oconee County can be found below:
Am I Registered to Vote?
Voters can check their eligibility through myvoterpage.
Ashley Soriano is a senior majoring in journalism in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia and international affairs in the School of Public and International Affairs.
Marisa Hernandez is a senior majoring in journalism in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia.
Show Comments (0)