By: Nicole Castrellon
The Lavonia-Carnegie Library is one of 1,689 public libraries in the U.S. that was given a grant by Andrew Carnegie in the early 1900s. Carnegie used his wealth to build libraries across the country. Lavonia applied for a grant and opened its new library in 1911 with Carnegie funding.
Lavonia assistant city manager Charles Cowthon explains more about the initial support from Carnegie grants, as the city plans to renovate the interior of the century-old facility in Franklin County.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201