Here are the stories our reporters are following for you today:
- Upper Oconee Watershed Network volunteers are sampling the water at Barber Creek Road following word from the Environmental Protection Division that the water was safe. Reporter Alison Gowens has the story.
- Coach Mark Richt speaks out for the first time about choosing Greyson Lambert as starting quarterback for UGA football’s home opener against the University of Louisiana-Monroe Saturday. Reporter Adriana Vicuna tells you what he has to say.
- A land rezoning proposal concerning new chicken houses has an Oglethorpe County community divided. Reporter Chelsea Beimfohr is speaking with community members about the controversy.
- The Oglethorpe County School System is considering applying to become a strategic waiver school system. Reporter Damian Reynolds explains what the change could mean for schools.
- The weekend forecast shows an increased chance of showers and heavy rainfall across northeast Georgia. Reporter Shaunteri Skinner will have the latest information for you.
Follow GradyNewsource.com and tune in to our 5:00 p.m. broadcast for more information on these stories and other happenings in Northeast Georgia.