By: Valerie Burgos
The peak of the flu season is here, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention has some tips on how you can protect yourself from it:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
If you would like more information on how to prevent getting the flu, please visit the CDC Website.