1. ATHENS, GA- The jury selection process begins today for the case of William Heaton who is accused of hitting Emily Bowman while driving under the influence back in 2012. Bowman was partially paralyzed in the accident. Heaton is at the Superior Court House in Athens for the process that could take most of the day. The trial will start on Wednesday, December 3rd with Superior Court Judge Patrick Haggard hearing the case.
2. JACKSON COUNTY, GA- First responders in Jackson County are urging residents to make sure their addresses are registered and visible from the road. This makes it easier for emergency services to find your house and send help.
3. ATHENS, GA- Cyber Monday has hit Athens. One local store, The Red Dress Boutique, known for its online sales is expecting tremendous sales today. The store has put up more than 150 online deals with items starting at 5 dollars.
4. ATHENS, GA– Harry’s Barbecue in downtown Athens has closed it’s doors, but you can still enjoy their food. Reporter Didi Abdulnabi has more on how their barbecue is hitting the streets with a new food truck.
5. ATHENS, GA– Women’s Basketball Coach Andy Landers just got his 850th career win at the University of Georgia. Landers is one of seven coaches to win 850 victories at a single division one school. He won his record setting game against his alma mater, Tennessee Tech.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/html/gradynewsource/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/onfleek/inc/df-core/views/df-content/df-post-layout-5.php on line 201
Show Comments (0)