By Savannah Brock
Snapchat is a phenomenon that took selfies to a new level. Having the ability to take a photo of yourself, sometimes unattractive ones, and it disappearing is something many millennials have fallen in love with. However, there is that one friend who will “screenshot” your photo while entails that they saved it on their phone. In the eyes of millennials they’re the kinds of friends you steer clear of.
With the new Snapchat update from Sept. 15, Snapchat added new ways for people to take selfies. Over the last month users have been able to snap photos of themselves as old men, a fish underwater and for Halloween a pumpkin! These filter change everyday by taking one away a new one is added.
Our Grady Newsource team had a lot of fun with today’s filters. Check them out!
Another addition to the update is the opportunity to gain trophies. These 29 trophies are locked and it is up to the user and their “snapping” abilities to unlock them. The only problem is, the user doesn’t know what they have to do to gain a trophy.
Thanks to snapchatemojis.com Grady Newsource has the answer. Here are the 5 easy trophies a Snapchatter can obtain.
- One Finger: Sent one snap with a filter applied
- Baby Face: Your Snapchat score hit 10
- Single Gold Star: Your Snapchat score hit 100
- Sparkles: Your Snapchat score hit 1,000
- Video Tape: You sent a video snap
If you’re an avid Snapchatter, here are the 5 toughest trophies to obtain.
- Artist Palette: send 50 snaps using 5 or more pen colors
- ABCD: Send 100 snaps with large text
- Rotate: Flip the camera 10 times in one video snap
- Ogre: Send 1,000 snaps using the front facing camera (selfies)
- Ghost: Your Snapchat score hit 500,000
Depending on where you live or where you travel, these two trophies might be hard to obtain.
- Sun Face: Send a snap with temperature filter over 100 F
- Snowflake: Send a snap with temperature filter below freezing